Adobe Lightroom is one of the best softwares for photo retouching, and using the Presets developed for Lightroom, photographers can save a lot of time.
We have put together a detailed step-by-step tutorial on how to install Lightroom Presets.
Tutorial for Installing Presets in Lightroom 8.1 and newer versions (including LR 9.1)
1. Launch the Lightroom Application and click on the Develop module.
2. Go to the Presets panel, and in the top right hand corner of the Presets panel, click on ‘+’ icon and then click Import Preset.
3. Locate the purchased presets collection folder and choose the zip file (you can also add XMP or Lrtemplate files if they’re already unzipped).
4. Once the import is complete, you should see imported presets in a new list of category titles in the Presets panel or in the User Presets category. You can easily rename the folder to something specific by right clicking on it.
5. Enjoy your new Presets!
Tutorial for Installing Presets in Lightroom 7.2 and older versions
1. Locate the downloaded preset pack on your computer.
2. Unzip / extract the downloaded .zip file. Open the extracted folder and check its contents:
- Presets folder (LRtemplate)
- Presets folder (XMP)
- Installation guide
- Before/After images
3. Copy the Presets folder (LRtemplate).
4. Launch Lightroom. On Windows, go to the top menu and then click Edit > Preferences.
On Mac, click Lightroom > Preferences.
5. Go to the Presets tab and click on “Show Lightroom Presets Folder”.
6. Double click on “Lightroom” folder.
7. Double click on “Develop Presets” folder.
8. Paste the Presets folder (LRtemplate) into the Develop Presets folder.
9. Restart Lightroom application.
10. Enjoy your new Presets!
Tip: Stay organized by creating specifically-named folders for every presets collection pack that you may install.