Apple Photography Classes
Did you know Apple offers FREE Photography Classes and Photo Walks? Neither did we! In April 2017 Apple launched a new training and educational program that goes beyond teaching the users how to use Apple hardware and software. Instead of just learning how to use Apple apps and devices at your local Apple store, you can now learn photography.
As part of its Today at Apple initiative, Apple Stores are now offering a free 1-Hour Photography Class. The class was co-created by Seattle photographer and founder/CEO of CreativeLive, Chase Jarvis. Mr. Jarvis says CreativeLive is “the largest and best education platform for creatives and entrepreneurs.” Chase said after taking the Apple photography class you will go from taking photographs, to making them.
Mr. Jarvis is also the author of The Best Camera Is The One That’s With You: iPhone Photography. Chase is an American Society of Media Photographers (ASMP) Master, and a Nikon and Hasselblad master.
Apple also offers free Photo Walks where you can learn everything from selfies to group photography. On your Photo Walk, Apple will show you how to take portraits with either your iPhone or iPad. You’ll work with backgrounds and in Portrait Mode (available on the iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8 Plus, and iPhone X). You will also learn a little creative framing.
Today at Apple is part of Apple’s vision to transform its retail stores from a retail storefront where you buy your Apple gear to modern-day town squares. To view photography classes at your local Apple store, click on Today at Apple to view classes or click here.
Photography Classes at Apple include;
- Photo Lab: Crafting Your Shot (Co-created with Chase Jarvis)
- How To: Shoot Photos with iPhone
- How To: Organize Your Photos
- Photo Walks: Portraits and People
- Quick Start: Portrait Photography
- How To: Record Video with iPhone
- How To: Edit Photos on iPhone
If you don’t live near an Apple store or if you don’t have time for an in-person iPhone photography class, click here for a list of over 30 online iPhone photography courses from top training platforms.
- 5.8-inch Super Retina display (OLED) with HDR
- IP67 water and dust resistant (maximum depth of 1 meter up to 30 minutes)
- 12MP dual cameras with dual OIS and 7MP True Depth front camera-Portrait mode and Portrait Lighting
- Face ID for secure authentication and Apple Pay
- A11 Bionic with Neural Engine