Dear community members,
Please pay attention to this message as it’s essential.
Our small team has been working incredibly hard to grow and improve this community every week. It’s exciting to see so many new faces from all over the world participating in our sub-forums. You’ve been an inspiration to us, so thank you!
In our community, you’ll find many exciting things:
- The 52-Week Project
- Weekly blog posts that focus on different aspects of photography
- Premium courses – 365 Days of Photography, Indoor Self-Portrait Photography, Black & White Photography, and more.
- Editing Fridays, when we edit your photographs and share tips
- $50 bi-weekly contests with fun themes
- A weekly podcast for which we interview some of the world’s most creative photographers
- Website and app optimisation
- Content moderation and keeping our users safe, which takes a significant amount of time
We still have some technical issues from time to time, but we’re getting to the point where the platform is becoming stable. We hope that our recent changes have improved your experience here.
On top of this, we have many ideas and projects in the pipeline:
- Creating more premium courses on specialised topics with some of the best photographers in the world
- Further expansion of our community with more sub-groups on niche topics
- Portfolio critiques that will help you improve your work
- A chance to be featured on our podcast
- More photo contests with bigger price pools
- Better and faster customer support
- More content writers and community managers to make your user experience amazing
- Technical photography content and gear reviews
- Top-spot location guide for all the beautiful cities in the world
& much more.
Soon, we’ll release a roadmap feature showing our plans and allowing our community members to come up with feature requests or ideas.
Closing down the free community plan
Full disclosure: All of the above comes at a massive cost and isn’t sustainable if we want to keep improving. We don’t have funding by any means and are making substantial monthly losses.
For these reasons, we won’t be able to keep our free community plan. We kindly ask our members to upgrade to one of our paid membership plans, starting at $9 per month.
- You have until January 1st to upgrade. Only members who purchase a paid membership can participate in our community after January 2nd.
- If you upgrade before December 15, you can get in at $4.50 instead of $9 per month for the first year. (or $29.5 if you select the yearly plan).
No hard feelings if you can’t stay, but we hope you understand that we’re making this change to improve everything and run things smoothly.
Taya, Irfan, Cheerlyn and Domien
If you have any questions, feel free to message Taya or click the chat icon, and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible!
Paid member plans options (upgrade before January 1 to keep your account active
Please talk to us through the chat icon if your discount is not working.