Creating video content can be exhausting not only for beginners but for experienced videographers as well. 32% of businesses use videos for sales, and 94% of them plan to do it in the future. That is why more and more content creators are looking for a way to simplify and speed up the video editing process.
In this article, we introduce you to the 5 best instruments and viable tips on how to choose the right automatic video editor. Video creation can be easy if you know what to do.
What is Automatic Video Editing?
Let us start with a definition. Automatic video creation is a process of using specific software to create different kinds of video clips automatically. Instead of spending hours on a 10-minute-long video, you can entrust the process to an auto video editor and let it do everything instead of you. Such automatic video editing software is especially irreplaceable if you make long-form content regularly.
It is simple to use automatic editors. Just upload your video, use available customization features, and download its improved version.
Automatic Editing Software for Videos
Now that you know what a video compilation maker is and why it is important, let’s discuss the 5 best tools to edit videos automatically and simplify your life.
WeVideo is a rather popular video editor used not only by individuals but by such market giants as Dell, Google, and Dropbox as well. With its help, you can turn any mediocre video into a real masterpiece.
Here are only some of the reasons to choose WeVideo:
- Hundreds of professional templates, including holidays, memes, and social media;
- Over 1 million copyright-free images, audio files, and videos;
- Motion titles;
- Customization features: green screen videos, linear slides, and screen recording.
WeVideo allows editing several video files at the same time, so you can close the task much faster. This video editor is free but also comes with five purchasable packages: Power, Unlimited, Professional, Business, and Enterprise.
The Power version costs $4.99 a month, with $59.88 billed annually. This package offers 30 published minutes per month, 20 GB storage, 720p HD resolution, and a templates store.
This automatic video editor doesn’t require an introduction. Movavi Video Editor is an automated program to create videos that convert. Unlike complex software, it has simple navigation and interface, so you can start using it immediately.
Movavi Video Editor boasts numerous advanced features: chroma key, stabilization, vertical videos, picture-in-picture, stylization, and voice-over.
Thanks to AI, you can swap backgrounds without green screens and remove the noise in a matter of seconds. To customize the clip even more, go to the Movavi Effects Store with thousands of stickers, transitions, and titles.
Movavi has a free 7-day trial period and two payment plans: $54.95 per year or $79.95 for a lifetime subscription.
Having been on the market for over 30 years, Lightworks boasts a positive reputation. It offers content creators support for all formats and operating systems, simple export to social media platforms, background processing, automatic saves, storyboard bins, cloud storage, and keyboard shortcuts.
Its features include but are not limited to H.264/MP4 export, Apple ProRes decoding, audio and video effect plugin support, proxy file compression, and automatic stabilization. When video editing tips don’t help, or you need to improve the clip really fast, consider Lightworks.
Depending on the goals, you can choose between Lightworks Create and Lightworks Pro. Their monthly prices are $9.99 and $23.99, respectively.
VSDC Free Video Editor is a powerful and lightweight video editor that is often chosen by drone photographers, influencers, and video marketing gurus. At first, the software might look outdated and complex, but its functionality makes up for possible drawbacks.
Over 5 million VSDC users confirm that it is an all-in-one tool for color correction, motion tracking, and masking any imperfections. This video editor offers sound synchronization, an AI Art generator, and an HSL chroma key tool for perfect backgrounds.
The pro version has two times faster processing and allows non-linear parameter changes to filters and transitions. Thus, you can edit the value graph at any moment. VSDC Video Editor has 32-bit and 64-bit versions for Windows that can be downloaded straight from the website. The price is rather affordable – $19.99 per month.
ClipChamp by Microsoft can help you create professional clips for personal use, presentations, product demos for video websites, and whatnot. Even its free video maker has a decent set of features and instruments. With the help of Clipchamp, you can edit videos and cut unwanted parts, split and combine longer video files, flip and rotate them, and resize them if necessary.
This software also allows adding audio files, texts, titles, and images, using filters and transitions, and balancing colors. Using its Artificial Intelligence features, Clipchamp users can create voiceovers in 70 languages and 170 different voices.
ClipChamp comes in two packages:
- Free with unlimited no watermark support, up to 1080p export resolution, and free filters;
- Essentials for $11.99 a month. All the above plus premium effects and file stocks, content backup, and a brand kit.
5 Important Things to Consider When Choosing an Auto Video Editor
The aforementioned tools are great for creating customized and unique videos that people want to watch over and over again. But not all of them might suit your needs and expectations, so it is important to know how to choose the right one before starting any edits.
Here are 5 important things to consider:
- Price: First, you should decide how much you are ready to pay for a video editor. While there are free programs, they might not have the advanced features that you require. On the other hand, professional editors that cost thousands of dollars may have tools that you will never use. Pick something in between and opt for annual payments, as they are usually much cheaper.
- The Simplicity of Use: A video editor should be easy to master. The last thing you need is to spend months understanding how the software works. It is great if the tool has guidelines and tutorials for beginners.
- Supported Video Formats: Make sure that the chosen video editor can process files from your camera. Especially if you use modern drones or 360-degree cameras.
- Available Tools and Effects: To impress the audience, video content creators need advanced instruments like motion tracking, chroma key, intelligent color correction, and so on. Check what features the chosen editor offers.
- Customer Support: You might never need support agents, but if you do, they should be professional, friendly, and speak your language. There must be phone and live support, FAQs, and a forum where users can share their experiences.
Final Thoughts on Automating the Video Editing Process
Not depending on the industry and niche, people want the best video quality. If you cannot create informative and good-looking videos, you risk losing your subscribers and customers.
But instead of spending long and exhausting hours trying to master video editing, you can use affordable and convenient programs like Movavi Video Editor, WeVideo, Lightworks, VSDC, or ClipChamp.
With the help of these top automatic video editing tools, your video clips will always be professional and engaging with just a few clicks. Good luck!