The Nikon D3200 is Nikon’s top entry level HD-SLR camera. It is very easy to handle and great for an entry level photographer. It has 24.2 – megapixels, is very easy to use but full of wonderful technology at a great price! The instructions are easy to understand and concise. It takes beautiful pictures and captures color and detail wonderfully.
Here are some of its specifics:
- 24.2 Megapixel DX-format CMOS Image Sensor
- 23.2mm x 15.4mm Sensor Size
- Full 1080p HD Cinematic Video for those who like to take videos
- Fast 11-point Autofocus System
- 3 inch Monitor with a 160-degree viewing angle
- Built-in HDMI port for viewing on TV’s and other devices
- ISO sensitivity 100-6400
- Active D-Lighting
- In-camera Image Editing like color balance, distortion control, red-eye correction, straighten, and trim to name a few.
- JPEG and NEF(RAW) picture formats
- Takes a regular SD card and SDHC, SDXC storage media
- 1/4000 sec to 30 sec shutter speed
- Approx. Weight of 16oz (camera body only)
Compared to the Nikon D3100, the D3200 has twice the megapixels, can shoot 4 frames per second rather than 3, has a higher quality screen/viewfinder with 160 degree viewing angle, Better features for filming, and you can get it in red. This is a great camera for landscapes, portraits and for anyone just getting into photography. The Nikon D3200 captures beautiful colors and details. Perfect for those who like to print big pictures with great quality.