Welcome to Our Free Photography Course!
We have created a course that is simple and quick. It is designed to be easy-to-understand yet full of solid information. It will provide the basics YOU MUST learn, and then allow you to go off to any specific subject you have any interest in. Each of these “special” subjects will add more to the basics, offer photographs and other visual aids to illustrate the point, and pass on tips and tricks to help you.
Beginner Photography Course
Lesson 1: Light & The Photographer
In this lesson we look at light, the primary tool for the photographer
Lesson 2: Light and the Human Eye
It’s fascinating to learn how the human eye processes light!
Lesson 3: Photographic Lenses
This lesson will cover a basic discussion of lenses and some good tips on lens use and care.
Lesson 4: Exposure Control
Understanding exposure is fundamental to photography
Lesson 5: ISO Camera Setting
ISO Settings can be confusing, start here and you will understand everything you need to know.
Lesson 6: Shutter Speed Settings
Hate blurry photographs? Us too!
Lesson 7: Aperture Setting
What is the aperture and how does it affect my pictures?
Lesson 8: Post Processing
Now that you have great photographs, what will you do with them?
Technology and Requirements
- Camera – any camera will do but we focus mostly on DSLR’s so that you can change the shutter speed and aperture settings. Learn more about DSLR Cameras
- Editing Software – software such as Adobe Lightroom, Adobe Photoshop, Gimp, Etc.
- Tripod – To help your camera focus better and so you don’t have to worry about shaking. See Tripod for more information on tripods
- Camera Lens – Most DSLR’s come with a kit lens of 18-55mm, this will work just fine. See Photographic Lenses to learn more about lenses.
- Card Reader – to quickly and more efficiently move pictures from your camera to your computer.
We hope you gain the importance of light when it comes to photography, a basic understanding of your camera, and taking pictures with your camera.