Spotlight on Famous Photographers
Photography has changed substantially in the last decade alone. Tools on the computer, such as Photoshop, allow us to create virtually anything at all. Adjustments can be made to photographs long after the photos have been taken. However, many of the famous photographs and portraits came before the past decade of rapid advancement in digital photography. We have created a Spotlight in an effort to help current photographers learn from the great photographers of the past and present. Each photographer has something powerful to teach from their images or technique. Although some artists come from before the 20th century their work lives on today as a powerful example to us all.
More current artists featured in the spotlight have a powerful awareness of the principals taught by early photographers. They also understand the power and potential of new Digital Photography techniques and tools. We thank the Photographers for the lessons that they’ve taught and their support to help teach the world about photography. Many of them have tutorials, blogs, and other tools on their websites that may be of use to you. We will be Featuring a new Photographer each week so please come back to learn more.
- Ansel Adams- Famous Landscape Photographer
- Josef Karsh- Famous Portrait Photographer
- Cindy Sherman- Famous Portrait Photographer, Actress
- Alfred Stieglitz- Famous Modern Art Photographer
- James Nachtwey- Famous Photojournalist / Artist
- Dorthea Lange â€“ Famous Portrait Photographer and Photojournalist
- Alfred Eisenstaedt- Famous Photojournalist
- John Kirchner- Fine Artist, Digital Photographer
- Clint Clemens- Commercial Photographer, Creator of 3D Environments
- Andre Gunther- Fine Artist, Digital Enthusiast