- Free Tutorials & Tips
- Discover how to market your photos
- Get access to industry secrets!
Course Overview – Syllabus
Our beginning photography courses are created to be quick and easy to understand for beginner photographers – even those that feel they are beyond help of being able to understand their camera. Our lessons will help you understand the basics of light and how your eye fixes lighting. How to get your camera to catch what your eye sees to produce better pictures. The tutorials will also help you understand your camera and how to take pictures with it.
Make a goal for yourself of when you will finish all the lessons. You can set your time frame to a lesson a day or a lesson a week. The great thing about these lessons is you can take them at your own pace.
Technology and Requirements
- Camera – any camera will do but we focus mostly on DSLR’s so that you can change the shutter speed and aperture settings. Learn more about DSLR Cameras
- Editing Software – software such as Adobe Lightroom, Adobe Photoshop, Gimp, Etc.
- Tripod – To help your camera focus better and so you don’t have to worry about shaking. See Tripod for more information on tripods
- Camera Lens – Most DSLR’s come with a kit lens of 18-55mm, this will work just fine. See Photographic Lenses to learn more about lenses.
- Card Reader – to quickly and more efficiently move pictures from your camera to your computer.
We hope you gain the importance of light when it comes to photography, a basic understanding of your camera, and taking pictures with your camera.